|Last muffin left with a few crumbs !|
There are many ways to jazz up traditional cornbread and adding jalapenos and cheddar cheese is among my favorites. These two ingredients are quick to put together and really add a zip to a traditional food.
This recipe only takes about 20 minutes to put together.
Makes about 8 - 10 muffins
Let's get baking!
Flour 150 gramsCornmeal 100 grams
Baking powder 8 grams
Baking soda 1 gram
Salt 3 grams
Brown sugar 40 grams
Canned corn 85 grams
Buttermilk 155 grams
Butter 60 grams
50 grams jalapeno peppers (chopped)
50 grams cheddar cheese (chopped)
- Sift the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda & salt together.
- Melt the butter over hot water or in the microwave.
- In a blender mix the corn. In a bowl, mix the brown sugar and milk and mix with a small whisk. Add eggs & corn and continue to mix until well blended.
- Mix the corn mixture above into the flour mixture and mix with a spatula. Add the melted butter. Mix until everything is just moistened – don’t over mix. Lastly, add the jalapeno peppers and cheddar cheese.
- Prepare muffin cases by lightly buttering & dusting with flour. Fill about 85% full.
- Bake at 170 degrees Celsius for about 25 – 30 minutes.
|Ready for dinner|
|Cornbread & taco toppings|