|Blondie Carrot Cake|
I have to admit, France does have some of the best sweets I've eaten. It gives me great pride though to see them going after American classics like carrot cake & brownies.
Foreign magazines in Japan are expensive. The one I bought with this recipe set me back 15 dollars!!
90 grams white chocolate
105 grams butter (softened)
120 grams sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
150 grams flour
1 teaspoon ginger powder
40 grams nuts (either sliced almonds or walnuts)
30 grams raisins
10 grams candied ginger (sliced)
70 grams carrots (cut in food processor)
1 teaspoon orange zest
1. Chop the nuts & mix together with ginger, raisins, carrot & orange zest. Sift the flour separately.
2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water.
3. Whisk the butter so that it is soft. Mix the eggs & sugar well - whisk over hot water so that they warm up slightly.
4. Add the egg mixture to the butter in portions. Mix with a whisk. Put over warm water so that the temperature does not become too cool. Add in the chocolate in portions - mix together with a spatula.
5. Use a spatula and mix in the flour. After mixing well, add the nuts mixture.
6. Lightly butter & flour a square baking pan before pouring in the mixture.
7. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 25 - 30 minutes.
|My baking pan|
150 grams powdered sugar
1/2 egg (white only)
lemon juice to taste
1. Sift the powdered sugar. Add the egg white & mix with a whisk. Add lemon juice to taste. Do not add to much liquid.
2. You can add a little ginger powder or candied ginger to the icing also.
You can also use cream cheese icing. The recipe is here.
|Dessert is ready!|