Fresh Crisp Homemade Chocolates


Homemade chocolates have a crispiness about them which is difficult to find in store bought chocolates.

I only make chocolates once a year so I am not very fast at the process. I made two different types of filled chocolates today salty caramel and hazelnut praline. This salty caramel is really to die for. I kept licking the bowl.

I am not going to go through the details of making ganache and tempering chocolate but I will recommend my  favorite book from Andrew Garrison Shotts. Both of the ganache recipes are from this book.

One basic for good results is to use good chocolate.  I love Valhrona chocolate. When you bite into one of these chocolates the flavor is incredible.


Valrhona is one the best chocolate companies. They are a bit expensive but well worth it.
 The chocolate molds are filled with tempered chocolate and the extra removed to leave a smooth shell. These will be filled with the ganache.
All of the chocolate molds are gilled with the two ganaches.
 I tempered 1 kilo of chocolate to prepare all of these chocolates.
One of the handiest items I have for making chocolates is this laser thermometer. It is really convenient for picking up the slight temperature differences during the tempering process.

Enjoy fresh homemade chocolates
Kathy
1 Comments

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete