|Nuts, chocolate and dried fruits make this a delicious dessert|
This desserts keeps well and tastes just as a good even after several days. A perfect dessert to make a day or two ahead of time if you are having company. You don't need to serve large slices to guests since it is rich. Also, it is better to cut before serving so that everyone can easily pick up a small slice to eat.
Traditionally, this dessert has pepper added to it. It is up to you to include or not depending on your taste or that of your guests.
30 grams walnuts
120 grams hazelnuts
90 grams almonds
100 grams flour
80 grams candied orange peel
30 grams candied lemon peel
85 grams dark chocolate
1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 teaspoon coriander powder
1/3 teaspoon nutmeg powder
1/3 teaspoon ginger powder
1/4 teaspoon allspice powder
150 grams honey
150 grams sugar
1. Prepare a baking ring by lightly coating the inside with butter and dust with cocoa powder. Place on top of a baking sheet.
3. Combine all of the nuts and and either chop to bite size pieces with a knife of use a food processor to cut.
4. In a bowl put the flour and then add the chopped nuts, spices and orange & lemon peel. Mix well.
5. In a sauce pan, heat the honey and sugar until about 125 degrees Celsius. Turn off the heat.
6. Pour the melted chocolate over the nuts mixture and mix quickly and then add the hot sugar/honey mixture and mix.
7. Pour into the prepared ring and press down with a spoon to neatly fill the ring.
8. Bake at 140 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and cool. Remove the ring and and lightly dust with powdered sugar.
|Ready for baking|