Hot Pocket Sandwiches
|Sandwiches stuffed with vegetables, spicy ham and melted cheese |
These sandwiches can be made with any simple bread recipe. Below is the recipe I used.
Prepare the ingredients you want to put inside the sandwiches such as fried eggplant, mushrooms, ham, red pepper, cheese, etc.and let cool if you have cooked them.
Bread flour 200 grams
Salt 3 grams
Instant dry yeast 3 grams
Water 130 grams
Butter 15 grams
1. In a bowl, sift together the flour and salt together. Add the yeast then mix in the water.
2. Use a bench scraper to mix and coat the flour. Put on a flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes. Dough should be soft but not sticky. Let rest under a bowl for about 10 minutes.
3. Lightly warm the butter in hands and then put on top of the dough and use a bench scraper to incorporate the butter. Knead again so that the bread is soft & supple. If tough, add a teaspoon of water or so and knead again. Put in a bowl and cover with wrap. Let rise in warm place for 60 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 80 gram pieces. Roll each piece into a nice ball. Place on the kneading board and cover with plastic and let rise for 20 minutes (bench time).
5. Flatten each ball to remove the air then roll out flat and put some of the vegetable ingredients on one side of the bread and top with cheese and then fold over the other side of the bread and seal. Brush with egg.
6. Cover with plastic and place in a warm place. Should rise again for about 45 minutes.
7. Heat oven to 210 degrees Celsius. Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes until browned.
|A little wine and salad to accompany |