|It was a baking day|
Peach Pie, Blueberry Crumbles and Focaccia
The recipe for the blueberry crumbles is here. I haven't posted the focaccia recipe but I am sure you can find an easy one online.
Feel free to substitute with a pre-made crust if you are in a hurry.
175 grams flour
90 grams cold butter
25 grams almond powder
70 grams powdered sugar
Pinch of salt
35 grams eggs
1. Sift the flour into a bowl. Cut butter into small cubes and mix with the flour using a pastry cutter (use a food processor if you have one). Butter should be well mixed with the flour.
2. Add the almond powder, powdered sugar, egg, sugar, salt and mix. Put dough on a smooth surface and knead gently until it is soft and well mixed.
3. Cover in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before using. Roll the dough out quickly since it will become soft fast
4 large pieces
50 grams sugar
20 grams butter (room temperature)
20 grams peach liquor
1. First step, in a pot of boiling water, blanch the peaches for 3 to 4 minutes. Cool under cold water and then remove the skin. Cut the peaches in quarters.
3. Drain well and cool.
50 grams powdered sugar
50 grams soft butter
5 grams flour
1. Mix the butter and powdered sugar. Add the egg and mix. Add the almond powder and flour. Mix well.
Crumble25 grams butter
15 grams sugar
40 grams flour
1. Mix the softened butter with whisk then add the sugar and mix well. Then add the flour and finishing mixing.
Putting the pie together:
1. Roll out the dough to fit the pie pan. Spoon the almond cream on the bottom of the pie and then layer the peaches on top. Sprinkle the crumble on top. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 40 – 50 minutes.
|This pie pan is 24 cm|
|Definitely need the vanilla ice cream for this pie!|