|Delicious Chestnut Cake|
I decorated the top with dried cranberries, pieces of chestnut and simple icing. Check your refrigerator and use whatever you have for decoration.
90 grams butter (softened)80 grams powdered sugar
10 grams sugar
20 grams almond powder
80 grams flour
3 grams baking powder
100 grams chestnut paste (+ 20 grams)
(add about 15 grams flour to chestnut cream if you don’t have chestnut paste)
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder and almond powder.
|I used this curved pan |
but you can use a traditional
3. Use a hand mixer and whip the eggs with the sugar until they are yellow and fluffy.
4. Add the whipped eggs to the butter mixture in portions. Alternatively, add the flour mixture and mix everything gently with a spatula.
5. Use a loaf pan that is oval instead of flat on the bottom. Line the pan with baking paper. Fill the pan half way with batter then pipe a line of chestnut paste down the middle of the pan. Then add the remaining batter.
6. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 35 – 40 minutes depending on your oven.
|Chestnut cream on the left is much|
I used the chestnut cream on the left since it is about a quarter of the price of the one on the right.
|Pipe the chestnut cream down the |
center then add the remaining batter
You can also make this cake using a regular pound cake pan.