|Cream Cheese icing tops these cupcakes|
I used baking cups I bought at Ikea, however, they are shorter than the usual cupcake cups so please take this into consideration if you plan to purchase them too. Their good point is that they bake the cupcakes nicely and are easy to clean up for reuse.
|Silicone baking cups from Ikea|
Recipe (makes about 8 - 12 cupcakes depending on size)
135 grams flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs (room temperature)
120 grams sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
60 grams vegetable oil
1/2 cup butter milk
1. In a bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients.
2. In another bowl, mix the eggs and sugar with a hand mixer until yellow and fluffy. Add in the other wet ingredients and dry ingredients alternatively and continue mixing.
3. Pour into the baking cups and bake about 15 - 20 minutes (depending on size).
4. Cool before icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
250 grams powdered sugar
50 grams room temperature butter
125 grams cream cheese (room temperature)
1. In a bowl, mix the butter and powdered sugar together with a hand mixer. When well mixed add the cream cheese and continue to mix. Add food coloring as you like.
2. You can put the icing into a pastry bag to pipe on the cupcakes.